Monday, 13 August 2012

It's a boy!

Yay! It's a boy! I have finally made my beautiful bouncing baby boy....Rhino! It's taken me, all told, probably only a long afternoon. I have had it on my mind to make one ever since finishing my aardvark, I wanted to make him super chunky and about ready to playfully charge at any moment! I have made the pattern myself completely from scratch and Reggie (Hubby chose the name) is made from a super soft powder blue jersey. His tummy and feet are made from a striped polycotton and he has felt to reinforce his ears to make them stick up, plus PVC pellets to give him some weight in those stumpy legs of his. His legs have been attached with covered buttons that I also made to match his tummy. He is so dumpy and cute and I just love him to bits!!!

Reggie the Rhino (named by my hubby) ready to stomp, charge and rumble around in the garden.

Reggie and Milliepops the aardvark, my first cuddly.

Pin It!

Friday, 10 August 2012

New top-from simplicity pattern

Just before we went away I ordered a new pattern for some really simple tops. It's one basic blouse pattern with different ways of decorating them. I have two tops in mind, a combination of the yellow top but with sleeves in white and blue print and then the orange top C in a dark blue seersucker. Ill let you know how I get on.
Started just after lunch and was finished before dinner time! Can't believe it! Im so happy with how it came out. I decided to cut out the size 12 pattern, because let's face it I'm not going to get any smaller! However the 12 was very generous and so I have taken it in at the side, also at the back and didn't bother with the button closure as it its right over my head anyway.  Very very pleased with myself.

Pin It!

Attempting stripes and re-upholstry!

We have just completed changing our front top room from a storage room into a bedroom for guests and a crafty room for me, 2 years since moving in! We had some wicker furniture my In laws had given us when we moved in and we wanted to re-upholster it to match the look of the new room (blue, white and wood) the furniture is in great nick, but the original fabric was out of date and made the room feel dark, so when we were in the lake district we came across this fabric shop called Textures in Keswick. they had some really nice blue and red ticking that we thought would go great in the new room. so when we got home, I drew around the old cushions and cut out some paper patterns, and made new covers. The bottom cushion was the hardest trying the get the band not to go squiffy round the cushion etc. I also had to make sure for the sake of my very symmetric loving husband that all the stripes lined up (nightmare!) BUT I managed it, so it looks great from the front...(and no I am not showing you the back!!! It's at the back for a reason!) Here are the before and after shots.

Pin It!

Upcycled mens shirt

Saw this idea on another blog Cotton and Curls (I have already done something like this that I wore at uni-Will try and dig it out at some point to show you) I bought a mens shirt from a charity shop, cut off the arms, laid out an existing tank top over the shirt and cut round it, being a little generous to take into account seam allowance etc. I unpicked the collar and kept the part that the actual collar is sewn to before it attached to the rest of the shirt and fashioned my own small collar. Clipped the corners when making the arm holes to ensure they laid flat. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome, it's perfect for a relaxed summer day (which we are quite lacking at the mo in England!)

Pin It!

Saturday, 4 August 2012


 Last weekend we had a wedding up in Scotland so we decided to make a holiday of it, and do some walking and camping in the Lake District on the way back. Look who came along in her new wooly jumper to keep her warm!

Pin It!